I’m looking for a little tech support from my PLN (personal/professional learning network) today. I just found out our school will be getting wifi at some point in the near future (yay!). I’ve already been encouraging a “BYOD” (bring your own device) atmosphere in my own classroom, namely cell phones and ipods so far. I am envisioning what wifi could do in terms of our ability to be productive with a multitude of devices, especially considering the large numbers of kids with ipod touches.
My question is, what would be the best and most efficient way for me to be able to have students making video recordings of themselves engaging in interpersonal speaking tasks with others and sharing those clips with me?
- Limits on data storage
- Access outside of school and inside school (need cloud)
- I don’t want to have to visit many locations to find clips
- Must be easy to use and readily available
- Multi-platform is a must
- I need access but I don’t want other kids to be able to take vids of classmates and upload to youtube, etc.
- App or utility needs to stick around for a while, not disappear on me
- Should be free or very cheap
So, my friends, how can you help me with this? Thank you!